To glue fondant decorations to cookies, you have a few options for edible adhesives. Here's a step-by-step guide using different methods:
How To Stick Fondant To Cookie With Edible Glue (Tylose Glue)
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 teaspoon of tylose powder with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir the mixture until the powder is fully dissolved and the consistency becomes thick and gel-like.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few hours or overnight to thicken further.
- Use a small brush or toothpick to apply a very thin layer of edible glue to the back of the fondant decoration.
- Gently press the decoration onto the cookie, ensuring it adheres securely.
- Let the cookie sit undisturbed for a while to allow the glue to dry and set.
How To Stick Fondant To Cookie With Water
- Dip a clean brush or fingertip in clean water.
- Lightly brush or moisten the back of the fondant decoration with water.
- Press the moistened side of the decoration onto the cookie, applying gentle pressure to help it adhere.
- Allow the water to evaporate and the fondant to dry on the cookie.
How To Stick Fondant To Cookie With Royal Icing
- Prepare a small batch of royal icing by mixing powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) with a little water or egg whites until you achieve a thick paste consistency.
- Apply a small amount of royal icing to the back of the fondant decoration using a piping bag, small spatula, or a toothpick.
- Press the decoration firmly onto the cookie, holding it in place for a few seconds to ensure it sticks.
- Allow the royal icing to dry completely, which will help secure the fondant decoration to the cookie.
Choose the method that works best for you based on the materials you have on hand and personal preference. Each method should provide a good adhesive to attach fondant decorations to cookies effectively.